https://madisonperry.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/cross-country-biking-scaled.jpg 1280 2560 admin https://madisonperry.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/logo_horizontal_nude.png admin2021-10-14 19:13:072021-10-14 19:13:07What’s happening in Whistler until the end of October 2021
There are still hundreds of miles of cross-country bike trails to be explored, muddy puddles to splash through, race events, dining specials and gear deals. Trust me there is still so much to do in Whistler so I’ve put together a list!
- Put on those running shoes and join the Whistler 50 Relay and Ultra on October 16 where everyone is welcome to participate, benefiting Food Banks in the Sea-to-Sky Corridor. Relay teams of four or eight people can tag-team distances ranging from 10 kilometre (6.2 mile) to 50 kilometre (31 mile). Whether you’re a first-time runner or an experienced ultra-marathoner, there’s something for you.
- Crashing through muddy puddles on an ATV tour in the wilds of the Callaghan Valley or Cougar Mountain. (So much fun in the rain!)
- October is Whistler Craft Beer Month (lots to celebrate there). Build a beer-themed itinerary from the wide assortment of events found at https://www.whistler.com/events/craft-beer-month/
- Whistler Sliding Centre Opens October 18. Check out the athletes after all it’s free to sightsee!
- This is the perfect time of year to soak at the Scandinave Spa, there’s something magical about being in the water while it’s raining and misty.
- Taking the kids to the pump track in Whistler Village, great way to burn some of that energy
- Get creative at the Whistler Writer’s Festival happening at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler October 14 to 17.
- Visit the Audain Art Museum to view their latest, special exhibit (opening October 23) Riopelle: The Call of Northern Landscapes and Indigenous Cultures, which focuses on Jean Paul Riopelle’s engagement with Canada’s northern landscape and emblematic use of Indigenous motifs to construct highly complex paintings, prints and sculptures.
- Sip on gin made right here in the mountains on a Whistler Distillery Tour & Tasting with Whistler Valley Tours, before heading to The Raven Room to continue the cocktail fun. (This itinerary sounds perfect for a Saturday afternoon!)
- Need new winter gear? The seasonal sales will be launching! Whistler Blackcomb is having a Season Kickoff Sale from October 1 to 18 at their Can-Ski locations, Showcase, Garbonzo Bike and Bean, and Summit Sports.
- There are a few new openings in Whistler Village, including Joe Fortes Seafood & Chophouse, Smartwool, and the reopening of Aritzia in its new location, Village Common. Something to check out!